With this horrible virus it is important to take care of your self; having done self-isolation for 6 months with chemo I humbly offer this advice,
- Keep as active as you can around the house, the Pomodoro Technique is something I have just discovered, you concentrate on ‘working’ for 25 minutes then take a 5 minute break, stretch and move as you are able.
- Eating well to boost your immune system is a positive step you can take to keep well, the list below is excellent.
1. Citrus fruits
2. Zinc in red meat, shell fish, eggs, nuts, whole grains, chick peas
3. Broccoli lightly cooked
7. Sunflower seeds
8. Mushrooms especially Shitake
9. Red Peppers
10. Fermented foods like Sauerkraut & miso
- Make an effort to dress well, make meals special by using nice china if you can, enjoy slow cooking, it will punctuate the long days
We all have different interests but try to enjoy being at home, look out of the window and count your blessings, the daffodils are out!